The Real Key to Freedom is Residual Income
Hi there. It’s Kit Elliott with another great week for online profits. For the past year, I’ve been secretly building up my residual income in an affiliate program that pays you two ways: by the number of businesses you signup and the number of affiliates you refer.
It’s called Matchrate Plus. I’ve been really skeptical of Matchrate Plus for a number of different reasons:
- There is no really big upfront bonus. They solved this problem by adding the two $50 leadership and acquisition bonuses.
- It’s a slow build. Realistically, it’s a 3 to 5 year process.
- They keep changing the comp plan that makes it even more of a slow build. F#@&!
- A business has to signup in order to make money. It’s easy for the average person to signup Aunt Mary but now, they have to grow a pair and walk in a business.
- You have to work hard. (ahh, man)
BUT what I love about Matchrate Plus far outweigh the cons of hard work and consistency because let’s pick up the clue phone: That’s the key to ANY business.
- The pitch is great.
- The story is great.
- Tons of testimonials.
- Businesses love you and love the service.
- There’s no weird “backlash” for you telling your friends.
- It’s a honest program that works.
What is Matchrate Plus?
Matchrate Plus developed a marketing system around getting businesses to use their merchant service. They are able to match the business’ current rate PLUS give them 25% of the merchant fees back to the business.
The Matchrate Plus Pitch
How would you like to get 25% cashback on the merchant fees that your credit card processor charges? Just hand out a certificate, and Matchrate will close the business for you. The merchant service is North American Card (rated A+ with the BBB and in business since 1992). They process over $12 billion dollars and can handle small, medium, large and mega businesses easily.
Matchrate Plus Comp Plan
How would you like to receive emails like this below? This is an actual screenshot of my Matchrate emails for the week. Each email represents an agent that I personally recruited. When they signup a business, I’ll earn a $50 bonus for each business PLUS I’ll earn 10% of their commission check PLUS I’ll earn up to 17.5% of the leftover commissions.
This is a very interesting question. I recently recruited 100 agents who work the “Offline Marketing” program that was really popular a couple of years ago. All the big guru’s pitched these high priced training on how to make money with local businesses. These were legitimate ways of working for yourself by leveraging the marketing knowledge you have and charging local businesses. Well, most of these agents signed up 15 businesses within 2 days! They already had the inside with these businesses so it was an easy pitch.
So naturally, this is a perfect fit for the offline marketing group (or those who sell to the offline marketing group).
How to Become a Matchrate Plus Agent
There are three other groups that I see succeeding with this.
- People who love to network and recruit because you get paid on those people (i.e. network marketers, affiliate recruiters, JV brokers, affiliate trainers)
- Retired people who need to supplement their retirement and quite frankly, need something to do.
- Marketers who build front end offers around this.
So I didn’t want to promote this until I hit a decent residual income, and it only took 9 months. I look at this like retirement income. How many programs are legit that you can work for 3 to 5 years and have a nice residual income coming in for life (or as long as the businesses are in business).
I’m rating this program a 4 out of 5 stars. I’m taking a star away for the simple fact that they keep changing their comp plan. Sometimes it’s a good thing and sometimes it’s a bad thing depending how far along you are in the comp plan. If they’d stop fucking around with it and create a “permanent” comp plan that stays the same so you can actually build marketing materials that don’t change every 2 months – then, it would get a solid FIVE stars. I think they should reimburse you for materials that were printed beforehand – maybe that would motivate them NOT to keep changing things. :0)
How to Become a Matchrate Plus Agent